2006/12/25

christmas meme

From here. I read her's and thought I would give it a shot.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate. Egg nog, yuck.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? We wrap, but santa isnt big here yet.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored, but that is what my tree came with.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? We had a bit over our house entrance but being two years old now it's just a stick.

5. When do you put your decorations up? We try to do it the weekend after Turkey day, but it was a little later this year, I hope to do more decorating once the kids leave stuff alone.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? MIL's stuffing when she makes it, otherwise my shortbread is darn good if I dont say so myself.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Waking up early, like 5 or 6 am, going downstairs to see what was under the tree and then running back up to wake up my parents so they would come down, so we could open gifts. When I was old enough I would make coffee so they would wake up faster.

8 . When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Dont remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We do the in-laws on the eve and my fam on the day. Our 'little family we do on Yule.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We buy ornaments every year one for each person and so it is just a mix of ornaments and lights.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, now where is it, by march I want it gone though.

12. Can you ice skate? yup.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My stereo was pretty cool in middle school, but my antique cookie jar was pretty awesome too.

14. What's your favorite thing about the holidays? people's faces when they open a gift they really like.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? shortbread and those little cookies that are dipped in chocolate and sprinkles, lady fingers?!?!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The youngest to oldest opening of gifts.

17. What tops your tree? This year a fairy bear, other years a poinsetta star, I try to rotate.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? giving. Now if I only could find the perfect gift for everyone on my list every year.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? no real favorites here.

20. Candy canes yuck or yum? yum. but only the real ones, the fruity ones are okay but the peppermint are the best.

21. What's number one on your Christmas list this year? for our fam to be safe. Now for my birthday, 3 days later, a swift and some yarn would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment