2007/06/18

A whole jumble of things

I finished my first pair of adult socks ever this morning, they are wonderful. Not by any means perfect, but none the less wonderful. I'll have pics when my Hubby comes home with the camera, it's of course in the van with him at work. They need a good washing anyway, I'm going to have to look up the directions for Sockotta.

I some how missed the coming out of the newest Kushiel Legacy book, so I promptly looked at the library website, no where in the system, so I purchased a discounted one off of Amazon. Now I probably shouldn't have because we just dropped just under $100 on books at B&N in Maplewood, one book for each girl, three for me (one knitting), and four for the hubby, oye. Anyway I should thank Julie for being so kind as to let me know that it was out on her blog, I need to stay up on these things you know.

T was gone last week, he seems to have had a good time, lots of good camp time. He said he wished the fighting had some things different but the time he spent in camp was great. I wish I could have gone but the monkeys aren't big enough and there is no convincing T that he maybe should wait until the kids are older instead of leaving me home with them from Tuesday thru Saturday. But whatever.

T got home and a 1/2 hour later I was off to go see Pirates at the theatre, I went to the 11:30p showing and got home by 4:15a, my friend Rach and I chatted for over an hour after the movie, it was great, but we need to find better times to have chat marathons. :D

Oh and let me swoon, yummy on the Johnny Depp is delicious.

And just for those who would like to know, this is the knitting book that I got yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed Knitting Without Tears. She apparently didn't knit from patterns, she just made it up as she went. It's a sort of refreshing outlook and I found it oddly empowering. She also has a few neat tricks for assembling things more easily. I'd heard great things about the book, and I think the praise was deserved.

    ReplyDelete