2008/06/26

Wonder Glass

a meme from Julie: Find the nearest book. Open on page 123. Find the fifth sentence. Post the next three sentences. Tag five people,and acknowledge who tagged you.

Well the nearest book is "Click, Clack, Moo" which definately doesn't have 123 pages. When I first read Julie's post I was near some RPGing books but I didn't have the time to sit down and do this. But the closest book to me right now with enough pages is "The Complete Works of Lewis Carroll", the selection is the end of a poem that wraps to the next page.

"Without, the frost, the blinding snow,
The storm-wind's moody madness --
Within, the firelight's ruddy glow,
And childhood's nest of gladness.
The magic words shall hold thee fast:
Thou shalt not heed the raving blast.

And, though the shadow of a sigh,
May tremble through the story,
For "happy summer days" gone by,
And vanish'd summer glory--
It shall not touch with breath of bale,
The pleasance of our fairy-tale."
I love Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, they are two of my favorite stories ever written and watched.

If anyone wants to play, consider yourselves tagged.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming by my blog and your interest in the Geek Mittens. I have added a new post today to answer your question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you a Yahoo message about the thumbs on the mittens
    .

    ReplyDelete